Sunday, May 29, 2016

Supernatural Lacquer Acetone Additive

Let's talk acetone. Like, how it's destructive and leaves your skin all ashy, white, dry and cracked and smells horrible. But it's by far the most effective stuff to remove all those pretty colors we like to slather on our nails.

So what do you do when you want the best stuff for the job but don't want to sacrifice your skin? You suck it up and finally give in to this crazy idea of acetone additive.

If you're like me, you've seen it around. You've heard that it exists. And you've wondered if it's really worth all the hype. I'm sure you have questions... I did, too. But allow me to break it down to real for you. It works. Like magic serum.


My nails immediately after first time using SPNL's acetone additive.

When I finally decided to give it a try, I went with Supernatural Lacquer. (<--- click that. Buy some. Use code TBT10 for 10% off.) Initially, I ordered two scents. Pumpkin Cranberry and Cappuccino. I was sold with just one use. My collection now includes Mango Pineapple, Cappuccino Espresso, Cream Soda, Better Than Sex Cake, Cranberry Buttercream, and my newest additions of Bartlett Pear and mmmmmmmmmmm Blueberry Cobbler.




So how does this work? Pretty simple, really. Each bottle of Stefanie's acetone additive is packed with goodness - 100% USP rated vegetable glycerin, distilled water, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil and other essential and fragrant oils. The oil blend counteracts the skin drying properties of the acetone without affecting it's ability to strip away a paint job like the best chop shop in town.

You choose your scent (26 listed at the time I write this and more being added) and your bottle of beautiful arrives ready to be shaken well then poured into your acetone.  Each 1oz bottle treats about 16oz of acetone, so depending on the size of your acetone bottle, you can do some simple math to get it right. Or... if you're like me and buy acetone by the gallon (seriously), you can take a less exact - yet still highly effective - route and eyeball it. The bottles in the picture above are 4oz plastic bottles (get them here) and so I pour roughly 1/4 of the additive in. Plus, this method allows me to have a different scent on hand at all times and to readily offer people the scent of their choice when I do their nails.

I used to use cuticle oil after removing my polish, always as an after the fact healing measure since I had already damaged my skin and dried it all out using straight acetone. Then I would have to go wash my hands or wait for the oil to soak in or, worse, wipe my nails with acetone again to remove the oil so I could polish my nails. Since I began using this stuff? I don't have to wait for any oils to soak in between paint jobs. For me, that's awesome.

Anyway, I'm a fan. A huge fan. Top 3 nail products, easy.

Have a great day, everyone, and as always - thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment